Incisive Media and InvestmentEurope are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Sustainability at the event
• The tea and coffee served is Fairtrade, organic, a 100% sustainable and a 100% co2 compensated. They use a local supplier called Arvid Nordqvist. Please visit their website for more details: https://www.arvidnordquist.com/coffee/hallbarhet/
• Water will be served in jugs of tap water.
• There will be no printed programmes at the event, instead all information is available on the event website.
• Public transport was promoted to delegates travelling to the event, with the option of the organiser booking the Arlanda Express form the airport.
Sustainability at Grand Hotel Stockholm
• The hotels sustainability policy can be found via the following link: https://www.grandhotel.se/en/about-the-grand-hotel/sustainability
• Energy sufficient LED lighting is used throughout the venue.
• Vattenfall is the energy supplier that is used at the venue, who use green energy.
• Renewable energy is purchased from the venue, which has been generated by wind turbines.
• The venue provides parking spaces for bikes.
• Recycling of paper, plastic, metal, glass and electrical waste is a priority for the hotel.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2