Incisive Media and InvestmentEurope are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
• Any leftover food will go to the staff canteen
• Coffee is Fairtrade made in Italy
• All pastries, biscuits and cakes at the event are made onsite
• All fruit provided is made in Italy and not imported • Most items on the lunch menu are sourced locally and made from organic produce
• No single use plastics will be available
• There will be no printed programmes at the event, instead all information is available on the event website
• The banner used at the event is made from cardboard
The Four Seasons Milan;
• Have removed plastic from every outlet in the hotel i.e. Bar, restaurant, room service
• Uses energy efficient LED lighting
• Uses a green energy supplier and part of the energy is from renewable sources
• Has 50 cycle spaces to encourages the use of bicycles
• Provides city maps to promote the use of walking rather than driving
• Recycles paper, plastic, glass, bio & metal
• Has swapped out the majority of cleaning products to reduce the use of chemicals
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2